This journey of the Dragon’s reach will take you to explore the mountains and the beautiful view of high Himalayan peaks in Bhutan through the trail of the central region. Expect the gift of marvelous nature of Bhutan.
Day 1: Arrival at Paro – Thimphu (65 Km, 2hrs)
• Witness the amazing part of Himalayan ranges as you land.
• When descending, embrace the outstanding magnificence of Paro valley.
• You may have heard about Bhutan being the only carbon negative country in the world, and you feel it as soon as you get out of the plane.
• After proceeding with the formalities of visas and customs, our representative will be waiting for you.
• Drive towards Thimphu, the capital city (1hour plus including a brief visit to Tachok Lhakhang).
• Before Dinner, there will be an orientation on Bhutanese protocols by your assigned guide.
Day 2: Thimphu
• Visit Buddha point, where 51.5 meters tall Buddha Dordenma statue stands. It is considered one of the tallest statues of Buddha in the world.
• Visit Memorial Chorten (stupa) built in memory of his majesty the third king Jigme Dorji Wangchuk in 1974
• Visit Trashi Chhodzong (fortress) which was built in 1641. Houses governments offices and kings’ throne room and is also the summer residence of the chief abbot.
• Visit the folk heritage museum to experience the rich and unique culture and tradition which was practiced far back in time.
• Visit Textile museums and witness how ladies weave the traditional dresses.
• Visit Bhutan postal museums and see ages of different postal that Bhutan used.
• Visit Bhutan Takin (National animal) preservation center which is located at Motithang
• Visit Sangaygang for the incredible view of the entire capital city.
• Visit Changangkha Lhakhang, one of the oldest temples in Bhutan.
• Visit the streets of Thimphu capital and continue leisurely through the streets and the famous craft bazaar.
• Overnight at Thimphu.
Day 3: Thimphu to Trongsa (200 Km, 6hrs)
• After breakfast, Depart for Trongsa.
• On the way stop at Dochula pass (3100 m) for Photo taking and one can also see the enormous eastern Himalayan view such as Mt. Gangkar puensum, Mt. Tsendagang, Terigang, Jejegangphugang, Mt. & Mt. Masanggang (if weather permits).
• Lunch at Wangduephodrang.
• Pass by Pelela(pass) and Chendbji Chortan (stupa) on the way to Trongsa.
• Upon arriving at Trongsa, visit Trongsa Dzong and Ta Dong (Museum).
• Overnight at Trongsa.
Day 4: Trongsa to Bumthang (68 Km, 3hrs)
• After Breakfast visit Trongsa Dzong and Ta Dzong.
• Then drive to Bumthang and stop for a while at Yutong La Pass.
• Enter Bumthang via Chumey valley, a beautiful cultivated valley.
• On arrival, check in the hotel and stop for lunch.
• After Lunch visit Jambey Lhakhang, Tamshing Monastery and Jakar Dzong.
• Swiss Farm House.
Day 5: Bumthang to Punakha (205 Km, 6 hrs)
• After early breakfast start journey to Punakha.
• Stop for lunch at Nobding and experience a spectacular view of Dangchu valley.
• Then to Punakha.
• Upon arriving at Punakha, visit Punakha Dzong.
Day 6: Punakha to Paro (125 Km, 4hrs plus)
• After breakfast visit Khamsum Yulley Namgyal temple.
• Visit Chimi Lhakhang and then journey towards Paro.
• Stop for lunch at Dochula Druk Wangyel Cafeteria.
• After lunch continues the journey towards Paro.
• On the way to Paro, we take a stop and visit Simtokha Dzong.
• Arrive at Paro and check into the hotel.
Day 7: Paro
• Visit one of the hot spot destination, Paro Taktsang (Tiger Nest)
• 800 meters and 5hrs hike till the Monastery including lunch and rest.
• The hike is divided into three view stops:
1) Cafeteria view stop- take rest and have refreshments
2) Photo view stop – best stop to take photos of the monastery
3) Final stop at the monastery- get detailed explanations from the guide
Note: Transportations like ponies will be available (individual has to bare their own cost)
• Overnight at hotel.
Day 8: Depart
Promo Video by TCB
Bhutan in Love Tours and Travels We, as a licensed tour operator, are committed to provide the best quality services. With years of experiences in tourism, we can make the most of your trips in Bhutan. Not only you will experience the unique Bhutanese culture and tradition, and be surrounded by pleasant nature atmosphere; you will enjoy your stay with our selective accommodations and meals. And above all, we will treat you with the warmest hospitality because it is our dedication to maintain your satisfaction is our priority.
Let us take you to witness the world’s last Shangri-La, the truly exist heaven on earth, the wonderful Kingdom of Bhutan. And you will fall in Love with Bhutan.